What do I do if I get into an accident, or I am injured by another party?
- If you have been injured in an accident, seek immediate professional medical attention. Notify the attending physician of the circumstances of your injury.
- If you are involved in an auto accident, you should notify the appropriate law enforcement agency, and you should notify your auto insurance company
- If you are injured on public or private property, notify the owner or management of the situation, incident or un-safe condition. Ask them to make a written report documenting the injury or event.
- If there are people who have witnessed the accident, obtain their name(s), address(es), and phone number(s), if possible. If you have a camera (cell phone, digital, etc.) take pictures of the injuries to you or your passengers, and the damage done to the vehicles involved.
- In the immediate two to four weeks after the accident/injury keep a daily written diary documenting the ailments you are suffering, as well as any other complications or problems that are caused by your injuries.